Throne of Grace – Life Center Program Manual
The Life Center is an outreach of Throne of Grace Ministries, Inc. Your temporary residency and agreement is with The Life Center. We are a Christian Discipleship for men who want to be free from destructive addictions. We are NOT a homeless shelter or half-way house. The Life Center is a place where you can bring your life together in a safe, structured, and Christian environment.
The Life Center Will Help & Teach You Life Skills!
Put Yourself into Society with Jesus Christ as Lord of Your Life.
- Become firmly grounded in The Word of God
- Develop a consistent prayer life
- Get established in Throne of Grace Family Church
- Live a Victorious Christian Life
- How to find & maintain employment
- Money management & budgeting skills
- Dealing daily with life issues
- Maintaining sobriety
- Setting attainable goals & accomplishing them
Our desire is to help you grow in your walk with The Lord. We realize that there are no short-term answers to long term problems. Therefore we have a minimum residential requirement of nine months or more.
This is a Christian Discipleship program, and not a halfway house. We take the truths and principles of The Bible seriously.
- We believe The Bible is the inspired Word of God
- We believe that it is authoritative for doctrine
- We believe that The Word of God contains principles for daily living
At the Life Center, you will be part of a family. We realize that everyone’s behavior as a resident affects the others in the family. Therefore, it is our desire that you familiarize yourself with our guidelines and house rules. With God’s help, we expect you to follow them to the best of your ability.
Throughout your stay at The Life Center, remember we are a Christian Discipleship Program, and not a homeless shelter or half-way house.
ADMISSION PROCEDURES & ORIENTATION
- Any application upon entry, must profess faith in Jesus Christ as Savior of The World and make Him Lord of our lives.
- The Resident Application must be completed in its entirety.
- Before entry into The Life Center, you must sign, the following agreements (your signature is your agreement).
- The Residential & Termination without notice.
- Promissory Note.
- Paycheck Authorization & Waiver.
- Rules & Biblical Guidelines Acceptance.
- Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Consent for Drug/Alcohol Testing.
- You will declare all doctor prescribed medication.
- You will list all your personal property, any including vehicle information.
- Your signature must be witnessed and dated by the Intake Director.
TREATMENT & TRANSITION
PHASES: We want you to be successful in your journey in The Life Center. Therefore we have developed a plan of success. You will be successful in phases, you will start on phase 1, then after a minimum of 30 days clean and sober, and a positive bank account, you will be advanced to phase 2, for the next 3 to 5 months, then you will be considered for advancement to phase 3 by the program director. After 9 months, you will be celebrated, taken off phases and given a “Strong Soldier Award” then prepare to re-enter society clean, sober with JEASUS Christ as your Lord!
PRAYER & BIBLE READING: Because this is a Christian program, we encourage you to develop good habits of prayer and Bible reading. After making your bed, the paster requests every client, upon waking in the morning to bow in prayer, on your knees, beside your bed, then open your Bible and read your morning Scriptures.
DAILY & WEEKLY RESPONSIBILITIES: Because everyone has a different idea of what is clean, we have developed a daily clean-up duty; you will be given a copy and it will be posted. You also will be assigned a chore by the house leader. You will be expected to sign in and out according to the rules.
PROGRAM & APPLICATION FEE: The weekly program fee of $175 is payable in advance. Upon acceptance into The Life Center, you must pay at least two weeks in advance and the application fee of $75.00 for a total of $425.00.
Because of the nature of this program, and the need to be committed to your own deliverances from destructive behavior, if you leave or are discharged within the first nine months of entry, there will be an early termination fee of $100.00.
FINANCIAL FUTURE & STABILITY: Unless other arrangement’s have been made. You and The Life Center are in partnership for your financial future and stability. Therefore, we will set up a long-range savings account for you. You will be required to endorse and turn in your uncashed checks to the finance director who will make the appropriate deductions, which are: 1) TITHES: 10% of your gross income. 2) $175.00 weekly program fee. 3) After you have completed phase one, and have a balance of $350.00 a weekly draw of $100.00.
While you are on phase one, you are prohibited from having any cash in your possession. No draw will be allowed that will take your savings account below $350.00. PLEASE DO NOT ASK! All remaining funds shall be put into your savings account. Any deviation from this policy can result in immediate discharge.
The purpose of this savings account is when you are ready to go out on your own after nine months; you will have enough money to set-up house. Rent, food, utilities, transportation and the like. It’s a discipline, but it’s all about making good long-range choices for your future. If you need more than the weekly $100.00 draw, you must validate the need, in accordance with the program rules and guidelines. All residents shall be provided with a balance of their account activity each week on Saturdays.
When you leave the program, all your expenses will be deducted from your individual account to include any and all monies owed to this Ministry and will be reflected in the check you receive to settle your account.
HOUSE RULES & GUIDELINES
Throughout your stay at The Life Center’s facilities, you will be interacting with fellow Christians from all walks of life and backgrounds. It is necessary that all the residents follow the same code of conduct.
We are all directly responsible to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for following His written Word, The Bible. Therefore all our rules will be strictly enforced for everyone, and any violation can result in your being asked to leave.
YOU AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE & ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Each client will be responsible for getting a job within two weeks (of course if you do not pay your fees in advance, you will go to Day Labor).
- ) You are responsible for paying your fees on time, Friday by 6pm.
- ) We will set up a financial account for you; you will be expected to cooperate with the guidelines for your program expense. (fees, draws, and tithing etc.)
- ) You will go to Church on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings, no exceptions (of course you will make the other meetings according to your phase).
- ) Smoking only in designated areas outside, butts to be discarded in designated containers only, (since the surgeon general has determined smoking a health hazard, we hope that you will strive to break this destructive and costly habit).
- ) Absolutely no alcohol or drugs, or drug paraphernalia will be allowed on the premises. All prescribed drugs must be documented and locked in medicine cabinet. Any alcohol or drug usage will result in immediate discharge from this program.
- ) Due to the limited amount of space provided for each individual, all clothing and personal items should fit into the closets and dresser drawers provided. If not the resident will have to make arrangements for storage of all remaining items. All personal belongings brought into the facilities will be inspected by the House Leader or staff before moving into The Life Center.
- ) No music other than Christian music is to be played in the homes or grounds at all. No radios or CD’s without headphones, be thoughtful.
- ) No firearms, knives or pornography are to be bought onto the premises.
- ) No defacing of property shall be tolerated.
- ) No visitors shall be allowed without the approval or presence of the House Leader, No female visitors shall be allowed to visit the men’s home for any reason, without the express prior approval of the Director. At no time, or for any reason will any visitor enter the sleeping quarters within the house. These policies governing visits and visitors are designed especially to protect YOU and the integrity of this program. Approved visitors may visit on Saturdays from 10:00am until 6pm and on Sundays from 10:00am to 6:00pm only.
- ) ALL RESIDENTS WILL WEAR A TIE TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY MORNINGS, or one of the Ministry Approved T-shirts.
- ) No foul language or fighting of any kind will be tolerated. As Christians, we refer you to Matthew 18, if you have a conflict with a fellow Christian. Also Ephesians 4:32.
- ) You will attend Bible study and Prayer meetings nightly as scheduled.
- ) No loud talking or music at anytime. BE CONSIDERATE.
- ) No Lights, Music or T-V after 11pm.
- ) No T-V between the hours of 9:00am to 5pm.
- ) Absolutely no secular T-V WITHOUT APPROVAL FROM The Director.
- ) No personal T-V’s or stereos are allowed unless approved by the director.
- ) Television is limited to news, sports and Christian programming.
- ) Videos that are “R” rated or “Unrated” shall be prohibited at all times. Violations of this policy shall result in immediate loss item in violation and of video privileges.
- ) Local phone calls only, limited to 5 minutes, being courteous and considerate. Long distance calls will need to be made collect or by use of telephone credit card.
- ) There will be sign IN/OUT sheets you must sign daily. You will be held accountable to keep us informed as to where you are, and when you will return.
- ) All medications will be inspected, controlled and dispensed by staff.
- ) The Life Center is not responsible for your personal property. After 24 hours of leaving your property will be donated.
- ) All food is to be stored, prepared and consumed in the kitchen and dining area. ABSOLUTELY NO EATING IN LIVING ROOMS, BEDROOMS OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE HOUSE.
- ) No dirty dishes will be left over night! All dishes, utensils, pots, pans, etc. will be put away each night. All trash will be emptied and placed outside. No exceptions!
- ) In the main hallway, make sure you check the SIGN IN/OUT sheets, also announcements, daily schedules or programs and other items of interest.
- ) It is your responsibility to check the board daily.
- ) All chores shall be assigned by the house leader, and shall be performed to the best of their ability, doing all things as unto The Lord.
- ) All residents will be expected to shower daily as well as maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times, SELF RESPECT is the key.
- ) For your convenience a washer and dryer is provided as a privilege.
- ) We require you to make your bed every morning, upon rising and tidy up the area around your sleeping space following the CLEAN-UP DETAIL.
- ) When in the common areas, (living, prayer rooms, and dining areas) you need to be dressed appropriately, i.e. (shirt and pants on).
- ) It is your responsibility to review these rules to make sure that you are in
- compliance with them.
BIBLICAL GUIDELINES FOR CHRISTIAN LIVING
Since this is a Christian Discipleship and not a half-way or homeless shelter, we have developed these guidelines, to ensure your success in learning to live a disciplined life.
YOU AGREE & WILL COMMIT TO:
- Substance abuse of any nature will not be permitted, we believe in total abstinence.
(Proverbs 20:1; I Corinthians 3:16)
- You must stay in fellowship with other like-minded Christians. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Residents shall attend ALL scheduled activities and utilize the sign-in/out sheet.
(Prov 19:20; I Peter 2:13, 17
- Possession of weapons of any nature is prohibited. (Romans 8:5-6)
- Residents shall respect the property of others. No borrowing, lending or stealing.
- Daily Prayer is essential for your success in breaking free from life controlling
habits. Romans 12:12, I Cor 7:5, Ephesians 6:18
- No fighting, cursing or horseplay will be tolerated. (Romans 12:18)
- Residents shall not engage in illicit sexual activity of any kind.
(I Corinthians 6:13; Heb 12:16)
- Residents shall be truthful at all times. (Proverbs 12:22)
- Each resident shall cooperate with the other residents to keep the house neat and
clean. Rom 12:11
- Residents shall keep noise to a minimum at all times. (James 3:17-18)
- You will follow the weekly draw rules. Each week you will receive a current
statement of your account balance. (I Corinthians 4:1-2)
- Since giving to God is a Biblical principle; Hopefully, you will pay your tithes and
offerings to the Church Willingly and Cheerfully.
- This Ministry is your LIFE-LINE, ALSO, where you receive your “Spiritual Food”.
Your tithes and offering should be reflected on your weekly statement. (Malachi 3:8-10)
THOSE INDIVIDUALS NOT WORKING
The following schedule has been designed by Pastor Stanley to assist you in developing
consistency in your successful transformation to a respectable and normal life. It is expected that you will adhere to this schedule and that you will not deviate for any reason.
There will be absolutely no Television viewing during the hours of 8am and 5pm, except for assigned videos or pre approved Christian programming!
3:30 a.m. (For those going to day labor)
7:00 a.m. Morning wake-up and breakfast: All residents shall be out of bed and appropriately dressed. Residents who work in the morning need to take priority in the shower, so they can get to work on time.
7:00-7:30 am Morning Devotions: Each morning, a different resident shall be responsible for conducting morning devotions. (See bulletin boards). All residents who are present on the property, shall participate in morning devotions. There shall be no eating or other activities during this time. Residents shall be appropriately dressed, (no pajamas or underwear).
7:30-9:00am Morning Chores-see bulletin board
9:00-11:00am If morning chores are done, Morning classes, Job appointments,
If you do not have a job, this is a time to secure gainful employment. Keep a list of where you apply for verification.
11:00-12:00 pm, Personal Bible reading and study, work on assignments, and personal prayer and reflection.
12:00-1:00 Lunch Time: All residents and staff who eat shall participate in clean up
1:00-4:00pm Afternoon classes/Appointments/work assignments Showers as needed:
those residents who are not working should take their showers prior to working residents
returning to center or by 4:30pm.
4:00-5:30pm Dinner Hour: If you know you will not be present during this time, you must notify the resident cook, to have a meal set aside for you. Remember, you are responsible for cleaning your own dishes.
6:30-7:00pm Kitchen clean-up/kitchen closes; each week a different resident will be
scheduled for kitchen clean-up. See chores list.
7:00-8:30pm Evening devotions, prayer and Bible Study, Mandatory for all residents according to your phase.
9:00-11:00pm Christian programming Television etc. free time at the Center only.
11:00pm Lights out, no T-V, radios or loud talking-RESPECT OTHERS. NO SLEEPING, EATING OR DRINKING IN THE LIVING ROOM EXCEPT FOR LIGHT SNACKS. (remember this is a privilege, pick up after yourself)
8:00 a.m. Morning wake-up. Prayer and Bible Reading
8:30 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. to 12 noon. unless you are scheduled to work, this is DEEP CLEANING DAY, report
to house leaders for your assignment.
1:00-5:00pm, Rest, Relax and Reflect, catch up on Scriptures and prayers.
7:00am-RISE AND SHINE THE LORD IS COME-LET US WORSHIP THE LORD!!!
This day is devoted to Worship and praise together with your fellow laborers and church
family. Absolutely with no exceptions, you will attend Sunday Morning Worship, if you have to go to work, you will ONLY BE ALLOWED TO WORK AFTER 12:00 NOON! When the church has a Baptismal Service, EVERY ONE WILL attend. We expect everyone in The Life Center, to be agreeable and cheerful, ready to be of service.
Those going with the Street Outreach Team, need to be ready to leave at 7:45am.
Make sure The Church is set-up, chairs in place, coffee and food ready.
Greet our visitors cheerfully.
Church will begin promptly at 10:00am. LET US WORSHIP THE LORD!!!!!!
AFTER CHURCH, HELP WITH CHURCH BREAKDOWN, THEN REST AND RELAX, GET READY FOR YOUR UPCOMING WEEK.